Friday, October 18, 2013

#21: 7 Wonders (Mark's 100 - 2012)



7 Wonders

Mark's Ranking
  • 2012: 21st
  • 2010: prior to publication
  • 2005: prior to publication
  • rank: 14
  • rating: 7.92
Print Status
  • in print
Why It's On The List
  • Card drafting meets civilization building... and it's playable with 3-7 players in a pretty consistent 45 minutes. No "wonder" it got all those awards... 
Tips & Tricks:
  • I'm a big enough fan to picked up all of the available expansions - Leaders, Cities, & Wonder Pack. And with experienced players, I like playing with all of them. 
  • You don't have to jump on the science train to score big points - but you do need to burn up science cards for cash or wonder building to prevent others from doing it.
  • Military still doesn't make sense to me - the worst point loss you can take is -6... and it can be less than that if you can talk your neighbor(s) into a truce.
Extras
  • If any of my gentle readers have access to extra copies of the Stevie Wonder or Louie Armstrong leader cards, those are literally the only things I'm missing in my 7 Wonders collection.
  • Here's my first look at the Cities expansion after I played the prototype.
 ==========

Starting tomorrow, I'll be recapping my Top 100 Games in 10 game blocks, beginning with #100 and counting down. When I'm finished with that, we'll get to the all-important top 20!




No comments: