Friday, September 20, 2013

The Kitchen Sink: It Begins

And thus begins a new (and hopefully weekly) feature here on the blog: "The Kitchen Sink", where I share various bits of stuff that really aren't big enough to deserve their own posts. You may now proceed to ignore and/or enjoy this as needed.

play, play, play, yeah, yeah
In a fit of 80's nostalgia, I created a Pandora station this week that I named "Guitar-Shaped Spaceships." (And I'm proud of it.) Extra points for those of you who can guess what bands are prominently featured before you go take a listen.

dominion
Well, I reached 1000 plays of the now-defunct Dominion iPhone app this week. (There's an official one now through Goko, but I haven't bothered with it.) I don't even own a copy of Dominion (it's low on my list of "deck-building games I like" - sorry, Dale)... but this app manages to run a 2 player game in about 5 minutes, making it perfect for standing in line/waiting around time-killing. I will say that the AI is incredibly weak. Out of 1000 games, I've won 688 - and any AI that I can smack around like that is the proverbial 98 pound guy who gets sand kicked on him.

If you're looking for better (read: games I like) deck-builders, I'd strongly suggest checking out Eminent Domain or Core Worlds (with the Galactic Orders expansion).

quote of the week
"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." (pastor Steven Furtick)


2 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

Sadly, pandora is not yet an option in Ireland. Good choice of name though.

I particularly liked the quotation.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Thanks for the virtual "atta boy", Conrad.