Monday, April 09, 2012

#61: Jungle Speed (Mark's 100 - 2012)

Jungle Speed

Mark's Ranking
  • 2012: 61st
  • 2010: 83rd
  • 2005: 27th
  • appeared on all three lists

BoardGameGeek

  • rank: 528
  • rating: 6.76

Print Status

  • in print

Why It's On The List

  • I originally played it as the Goldsieber release, Arriba - but call it what you will, it's a splendid fast-reaction game with great potential for non-gamers.

Tips & Tricks:

    • You can play with as many as 8 players... but I think it works best with 5-7.
    • Key concept: if the patterns on the cards are the same color, they DO NOT match.

    Extras

    • Jungle Speed is the current edition of the game... and there's a really evil (read: even more confusing than the original game) expansion available that reduced my gaming group to giggles & tears. I highly recommend it.
    • Here's what I wrote about Arriba for The One Hundred.

    No comments: