Wednesday, March 25, 2009

50 Questions For Old Folks Like Me

A regular reader of this blog, Nord himself, posted this to his Facebook page. While I refuse to admit that 44 is old (it's not! it's not!), I will say that these questions fit my life a bit better. (BTW, Jeremy "Nord" Nordmoe can use your financial support & prayers - he's going on staff with Wycliffe Bible Translators... their account number is #200553.)

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here are 50 questions for the people who are a little older...

Copy and paste into your own note and answer the questions. Then tag your friends (including me, please!)

Consider yourself tagged, Nord!

  1. What bill do you hate paying the most? PG&E (aka electric bill... it's OUTrageous here in California)
  2. Do you miss being a child? I miss the free-form nature of life, but I don't miss being bullied or feeling lost
  3. Chore you hate the most? yard work of any kind
  4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Max's Bistro
  5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? following through with DramaWorks - a summer touring group we envisioned for the summer after we graduated from college... it never happened
  6. Name of your first grade teacher? I don't remember... one of my 2nd grade teachers was Mrs. Hibbard, and she was majorly cool
  7. What do you really want to be doing right now? taking a 2-3 day vacation with my beautiful wife
  8. What did you want to be when you grew up? age 5: construction worker; age 7: architect; age 10: lawyer; age 14: actor (I'm 0 for 4!)
  9. How many colleges did you attend? one - Baylor University
  10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? it was clean & fits comfortably
  11. What are your thoughts on gas prices? the flexibility of the price (over $2 in range over the last 18 months) says that there's more play in the system than the government and/or corporations are willing to admit - stop taxing it so high & stop gouging the price already
  12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? the alarm has a name - "Collin" - and the first thought was "too early"
  13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? gotta get up early to pick up the car keys from Anna so I can pick up Canaan tomorrow
  14. With what famous person would you like to have dinner? Charlie Peacock... I love the way his mind works
  15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? yes - one fender-bender in O.C., one fender-tree fiasco in Waco, and one rear-ending (with me doing the lion's share of the "work") here in Fresno
  16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? Yes.
  17. Get up early or sleep in? I'd love to sleep in, but I have a 3 yr old & a 7 yr old.
  18. What is your favorite cartoon character? Sam the Sheep Dog (Looney Tunes)
  19. Favorite thing to do at night with a guy/girl? at this point I reference the Biblical passage know as the Song of Songs
  20. When did you first start feeling old? 30 - the year my body fell apart
  21. Favorite lunch meat? ham
  22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? candy
  23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? absolutely not!
  24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? I really like the High School Musical series, esp. #3
  25. What's your favorite drink? Non-diet: Snapple Apple; diet: Coke Zero
  26. Who from high school would you like to run into? Larry DiPinto
  27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? either NPR or Jack-FM
  28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? read a book?
  29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? I dated a girl once simply because she liked me and I liked being liked... not because I had any meaningful feelings for her. It was rude & callous & selfish & destructive of me.
  30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? No one sits directly across from me... but my secretary/office manager is in the next room and our youth pastor is down the hall, and I like both of them a lot!
  31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes? Yes & No... I've NEEDED a fire extinguisher, attempted to use it and found out it wasn't charged up. (This is part of the infamous "brakes on fire on the Pig Trail" story - ask me about it sometime.)
  32. Last book you read? I'm currently reading a number of books... the last one I was reading is Nelson Searcy's Fusion on connecting people to a local church
  33. Do you have a teddy bear? Not any more...
  34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? not sure what you're asking here - I pretty much stick to using a sink
  35. Do you go to church? Yes
  36. How old are you? 44

OK, maybe I copied it wrong... but there are only 36 questions here!

No comments: