Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Kid Games 100

I've been threatening to do this for quite a while... and now the time has come. Over the next couple of months, I'll give you a countdown of my 100 favorite games for kids.

Some thoughts on the process as we get started:
  • OK, I originally said "fifty games," but whittling down the list proved too dadgum difficult, so I ended up with 100.
  • I reserve the right to add games to the list - thanks to a Spring Cleaning sale at Funagain, I've got a 24 pound box of kid games on the way to me right now.
  • The numbering of these games are pretty arbitrary, esp. from #60-#100. If I chose the order on another day, they might look completely different.
  • I'm going to leave out some games that some of you consider "top ten kid games" material - and mostly for the following reason: they're may be intended for kids, but they're more fun to play with folks over the age of 8-9.
  • In fact, the two primary criteria for inclusion on the list are: is it fun to play with someone under the age of 8? is it fun for adults to play with kids?
Stay tuned - #100 will be posted tomorrow!

No comments: